Aug 12, 2017

Name or Number for Allsorts 428



Good morning, happy Saturday! Time already for a new challenge at Allsorts, this week it's Susan's turn to host and she'd like to see a name or a number (or both) on our creations. I don't usually personalize cards with names or numbers (unless they are for a child and I don't have an upcoming children's birthday), so this was a little bit of a challenge for me. I finally decided to make a notepad cover for my daughter, she loves to doodle and write, so this is perfect for her. And she loves little critters as much as I do!


The cute image by Penny Black has been heat embossed on Bristol Velum cardstock and colored using my Zig clean color brush pens. On the background I used some sort of gauze stamp (Whimsy Stamps) and I flicked some watercolor paint onto the background. I used alphabet stickers (by Basic Grey) for the name and "notes". To finish off the cover I added a pretty ribbon and a scalloped border which I found in my box of paper scraps already punched out.

The sticky letter sheet was also just recently re-discovered. My brother put in a new floor in my craft area while he was here visiting, and I found them while moving things around, and they were perfect for this creation. I really do need to get de-cluttering done, I've talked about doing it for so long (and started several times) but I never seem to be able to get rid of things. Story of my life!!


We have a great prize to give away to one lucky winner, this week it's this fun set by Marianne Designs. Hope you come join us!

Hope you have a nice and sunny weekend!
 I'm taking my daughter to a pointe shoes fitting today, which she is super excited about. She took a short break from dance over spring but now has been dancing again for a couple of months and she's so excited to start pointe lessons in September. Something that every ballerina dreams about :)
 


11 comments:

Mervi said...

Fabulous notebook, so lovely image and especially I like the little background details;-))m

brenda said...

It's a lovely bright colour palette Ellie and such a nice idea for your daughter.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Lynn said...

That decorated journal is delightful. I love the mice and how you used the stamp so effectively. Your attention to detail is amazing and refreshing. Thank you for sharing your talent with blogland.

Wendy L said...

Wonderful idea Ellie, looks fab, xxx

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, this is just too cute! I love the personalization! I bet she loved it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh I just love love love this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen said...

Brilliant creation, super cute image and a gorgeous design.

Kath x

Maxine D said...

What a beautiful cover Ellie - so dramatic with the black on the crimson, and the contrast of the sweet image.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracy said...

This is fabulous Ellie, I really love it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

susiestacey said...

Adorable notebook cover Ellie, l am sure it was well received. x Susan x